In the case of firing on Owaisi's car, Home Minister Amit Shah told in the Rajya Sabha that the threat to Owaisi's security has been assessed and it has been decided to provide Z category security with a bullet proof car. However, Owaisi has refused to take security.
New Delhi: Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday issued a statement in the Rajya Sabha regarding the firing on the car of Asaduddin Owaisi, the Lok Sabha MP and chief of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen. He told the house that the security threat to Owaisi has been assessed and it has been decided to provide him Z category security with a bullet proof car. However, Owaisi has refused to take security. Shah said that 'I request him through the House that he must take security. I request through the House, Asaduddin Owaisi must take security.
Issuing a statement in the House, the Home Minister said that on February 3, when Owaisi was returning to Delhi, two unidentified persons opened fire near a toll plaza. Three bullet marks were found in his car. There are three witnesses in this case. The investigation is being done in the police station Pilkhuwa. So far two accused have been arrested. Two pistols and an Alto car have been recovered from them. Evidence is being collected. The accused are being interrogated.
He said that law and order is under control in Uttar Pradesh. Strict vigil is being taken. The police have inspected the spot. District control room was not informed about Owaisi's movement
Let us inform you that on Thursday last week, when Owaisi was returning to Delhi after campaigning in Uttar Pradesh, his car was fired upon. In the interrogation of the police, both the accused have said that they were very angry with the statements of Owaisi and his younger brother. He used to listen to Owaisi's speeches on Facebook, Twitter, social media and hated him very much. Country made Munger type pistol has been recovered from both of them which they had recently bought from someone.