Addressing a press conference after chairing a high-level security review meeting at the Raj Bhavan, Shah said, "The Government of India has handed over the case related to the two incidents (in Dhangadi) over two days to the NIA. NIA and Jammu Police are investigating this case and all other terror incidents in the Jammu region in the last year and a half.
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said that the probe into the recent terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri has been handed over to the NIA. Shah assured the people of Jammu region of a safe environment with a new action plan. He said the strengthening of village defense guards had nothing to do with the twin attacks in Dhangri on January 1 and 2 in which seven people were killed and several others injured as the decision to strengthen these volunteers was taken in the past. The year was taken in August. Five people were killed in militant firing on January 1, while two children were killed in an IED blast the next day.
Addressing a press conference after chairing a high-level security review meeting at the Raj Bhavan here, Shah said, “The Government of India has handed over the case related to the two incidents (in Dhangadi) that took place over two days to the NIA. NIA and Jammu Police will jointly investigate this case and all other terror incidents in the Jammu region in the last one-and-a-half year."
Shah was scheduled to visit Dhangadi village but could not due to inclement weather. Shah said, “I have come here to meet the victims of the terror attack in Rajouri and share their grief. The yatra could not take place due to bad weather, but I have spoken to the family members of all the seven victims on phone.
Shah was accompanied by Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Manoj Sinha. "Their courage is an example for the country and they all believe that this is our territory and we will not leave it (due to terror threat)," he said. Some of them had come from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and they are ready to fight terrorists despite such a huge incident." Shah said he would definitely come again and meet them.
He assured the people that the terrorists involved in the attack would be identified and brought before the court at the earliest. On the security review meeting, the Home Minister said that he had a detailed discussion in which all security agencies participated and told that Police, BSF, CRPF, SIA and Army are 100% prepared to deal with any situation and prevent such incidents in future .
“The issue of grassroots workers, support system of terrorist groups and their informers was also discussed in detail in the meeting. We can say that the security blueprint (to root out terrorism) has been prepared and all agencies have assured us. Intelligence agencies have also chalked out strategies to increase their activities.” Shah said a time-bound action plan has been prepared, which envisages strengthening of security arrangements in all areas of Jammu division within three months.
In response to another question about terrorist activities after the abrogation of Article 370 in August 2019, he reiterated that Jammu and Kashmir recorded the lowest number of incidents of violence and deaths during the last three years. He said, “You cannot say anything on the basis of one incident or some data. If you want the full picture, you have to take into account everything from the birth of terrorism to the present day. After the abrogation of Article 370, the number of incidents and deaths are the lowest in the last three years.