top of page

Punjab: Accused arrested for firing at Bathinda military station, four jawans killed

The accused of indiscriminate firing at Bathinda Military Station in Punjab has been arrested. Four soldiers have been martyred in this incident. The army has said that this is not a terrorist incident.

New Delhi: Four jawans have been martyred in the incident of indiscriminate firing at Bathinda Military Station. After the incident, the sensation spread throughout the entire area. Although the firing jawan has been arrested, he is being interrogated. The reason for the incident is yet to be known.

After this incident of firing, the army sealed the entire area. According to the information, the incident of firing took place inside the Bathinda Military Station in Punjab at around 04.35 am. Soon after, Quick Reaction Teams were activated around the entire military station and the army station was sealed.

Police have informed that the firing jawan was caught and he is being interrogated by taking him into custody. Weapons have also been recovered from him. It has been said by the police that some media organizations are running the story that the shooter, who is an army man, has been caught. This news is wrong.

All media outlets are requested not to speculate. Any updates, as and when available, will be shared immediately. The entire area has been cordoned off and sealed and no one is being allowed inside the cantonment area. The search operation is on. There is news of the martyrdom of four soldiers in the incident.

There is an atmosphere of panic in the entire area after the firing incident. Holiday has been declared in the schools of the cantonment. No one is allowed to enter the cantonment. The cantonment has been completely sealed.

It is being told that the attacker was in civil dress and opened fire in which four soldiers, who belong to 80 Medium Regiment, were martyred. The firing incident took place in the officers' mess. The information of the incident has been given to Defense Minister Rajnath Singh. Army Chief General Manoj Pandey has informed the Ministry of Home Affairs that it was not a terrorist attack.

Army has told a senior officer of Punjab Police that it is not a terrorist incident. A few days ago an INSAS rifle went missing. It seems that these firings have been done from the same. A suspect has been taken into custody following the incident and is being questioned.

All entry gates of the Army Cantt in Bathinda have been closed. Sources in the Punjab Police have said that an INSAS rifle with 28 cartridges had gone missing about two days ago. Some army personnel may be behind this incident.

Bathinda Military Station is also close to New Delhi and it takes about six hours to reach here. Located north of Delhi, this military station mostly houses the families of soldiers and is a residential army base.


bottom of page